Saturday, January 8, 2011

Too fast.

The days are slipping through my fingers. Tomorrow there will be a trip to the doctor, a visit to the photograph shop, a lunch with the aunts and uncles and cousins, a bonding session with the Hippos, and maybe dinner with my second brother and his family. Then on Sunday, a trip to the hairdresser, maybe a facial and a massage, finish up my packing, and top off the day with the wedding of a family friend of sorts. Monday morning is devoted to one last piano class, which means I'll miss the laser tag with some friends from school, but no big deal because I persuaded my mom to let me go for the movie afterward. Will return from that to enjoy some nice, long family bonding time... and then, finally, I shall go to sleep on my bed for what could be the last time in two weeks...

Ah, I should stop being so melodramatic. The 11th 'til the 15th is scheduled as "getting used to each other" week, the weekend is spent up for co-curricular reasons, and the next week is the start of lessons. My brain says there is a high probability I will lack time and energy to be homesick, but my gut says that my brain is bullshitting me and there is a good chance I will spend the first three nights sniffling in the little 2x3 space which will be allocated to me as my room for the next one and a half years.

You never notice how precious home is to you until you're counting down the minutes to good-bye. Then you begin to notice every little nook and cranny, and how your own bedroom has become your center of stability and... yeah. College, guys! *Positive Outlook Mode: ON*

p/s I got a random e-mail from somebody who claims to have read my blog since I was Standard 6, and that she's very proud of me for going to college (I should explain to her that in the more civilized circles of Malaysia, college is not an option- just another stepping stone in life). That means this person has followed me through more than fifteen blogs, including Blogspot Phase I, Blogspot Phase II, Vox, Xanga Phase I, Xanga Phase II, and Blogspot Phase III (this blog and its' last two predecessors). Yes I keep track of my blogging life like that because I'm an accurate mofo. So sue me.

X. You know you'll miss me... or not. Haha. Ha. #sadface

No comments:

Post a Comment