Okay, sorry for the MIA stunt I pulled there. I went to Singapore to usher in the new decade, along with my mom, Nana, and of course my official sponsor for the trip- my first brother and his family. :) Highlight of the trip would most definitely have to be the countdown, where Nana, my brother and myself traversed for 90 minutes from our hotel to the Marina Bay Sands, which was crowded with about 5000 people (who were in various states of drunkenness). The fireworks were beyond amazing. I'll leave it at that. Well it had to have been, I mean, we walked for an hour and a half just to get there! And then we had to walk for an hour and a half back to the hotel! But all in all, it was an absolutely gorgeous experience, despite the sore feet (which were cured anyway by an hour-long foot soak in the hotel bathtub with Nana).
Just read Yan's New Year's Eve experience in London. I might start bawling soon. I miss her.
I'm sure there will be an emotional good-bye post to 2010 coming up. Soon-ish. Maybe. It's not that I wasn't too fond of 2010 or anything. It's just that I'm very, very excited for 2011. Tonight may be the last time I see Red Circle until SPM results come out. I'm having mixed feelings, coming to terms with this.
Is this what farewell feels like? School starts today, for the rest of them. It feels weird to not come back and see those familiar pink walls, put on that blue uniform which has become something of a second skin. I thought I'd been prepared for this during the last day of school. I thought I'd been prepared for this during the last day of SPM. "This is it. The end of this chapter of my life," I figured.
I guess I didn't realize that you don't really feel the finality of "the end" until there's a new beginning.
No more adventures in SMK Seri Hartamas. I feel kind of hollow. But it's kind of a delayed reaction, isn't it? I think I must've posted at least a dozen "good-bye" posts, thinking each time that this would be the last one. The last word, the last salute. Time to assimilate what I've learned from it, walk away and never look back.
Sigh. I guess I must've been more attached to that crumbling building than I thought. Say good-bye now, Alia. The new year is starting in there, and it's starting without you. :) The world goes on. Hearts to everyone. Happy new year.
No comments:
Post a Comment