Tuesday, December 28, 2010

one malaysia.

Quick summary of my day- woke up, played with Sara & Izlan a bit (they slept over last night since their house had a black-out) and headed off to pick up Shiva at  11 before going to the Curve. Picked up our tickets, bought popcorn (I remember Shiva & Yan being horrified at Australians for having SALTED popcorn), and basically just laughed our heads off (mmkay people staring at us in the cinema, nothing new here folks) while watching Gullivers' Travels. Came back out, and at some point in time Melor joined in.

Scrutinized the menu with hawk-like eyes at The Apartment until we found something that was reasonably priced -cheap Malaysians will be cheap- and had ourselves a yummy farewell lunch to commemorate our ten years of friendship and the fact that our dear Chinese counterpart Yee Sook Yan will be leaving on the 30th of December for the grand land of England. Bellerbys College, Brighton to be exact. She'll be gone for 8 months (lucky for her, her college experience is only 2/3 years while mine is 3/2!), and after a brief return home she'll fly out again in September to begin university life. I feel so kampung now. HAHA. I kid.

But then again- if anyone deserves this golden opportunity to flourish, it's Yan. :) I'm glad, so glad I can't even begin to tell you guys, that she'll have this chance to get out there and show the world what she's got. No talent deserves to be cooped up in this doctors-and-accountants-are-all-we-need-to-survive nation. -_-'

Go for it baby. :) Me & Shiva got your back 100% kay? :')
*feeling like a proud mother for some reason*

Oh help, sentimentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment