So I was on my way home from a gorgeous evening out, thinking about all the witty and wonderful words I would use to describe the past few hours... Unfortunately, I fell asleep in the car and when my brother woke me up all those words escaped my memory, so here's a bland, monotonous narration instead.
I woke up in the morning, feeling for all the world like a lazy cat. Almost forgot there was another subject left. Studied for a bit, had my half-boiled egg, put on that damn blue uniform one last time. Came to school to return my books and flail a little bit before entering the exam hall. Paper 1 was oodles of fun. #sarcasm I finished the paper in 20 minutes, checked it three times and realized there was still 35 minutes to go! Bloody hell. Why would you give 75 minutes for a 40-question paper anyway? :|
SO YEAH. Long break where mummy dearest sent me my lunch, and Fazlan called me "the best girlfriend ever" because I let him finish my chocolate blended. :/ Paper 2 was bleh, harder than a standard government paper but easier than what Madam Leong usually bombards us with. And then it was over. And we clapped. And I changed. And had a chat with Suk Fun while I was changing, which was awkward and funny and cute. :) Good luck for your Chinese paper dear.
Uuhhhh. Andd thennnn
we (Fazlan and myself) got to Curve, watched the others play games at the arcade, bought ice-cream, made jokes about Waktu Rehat, made fun of Adib, bought popcorn, watched Harry f*cking Potter, whose title character by the way is THE most annoying protagonist in the history of TIME. :-| Dear JK Rowling, you should have made Hermione the hero. Maybe then it wouldn't have taken seven books and eight movies for the good guys to defeat Voldemort.
Apart from the whining, the emo, the ridiculously inappropriate Harry/Hermione scenes (yes Emma that was a dig to you :p)--- it was bloody awesome. What made it even more awesome was of course the company I watched it with. We took up nearly one whole row in the cinema! Best thing was, most of us are literary geeks, and so we felt it was our obligation to keep making all these obnoxious comments about how "that wasn't in the book!". Luckily it was a small cinema and not a very busy day, or there would have been popcorn thrown in our direction. :3
Whatever. At least we're making snotty comments about a movie instead of drinking alcohol, loitering on the streets and snorting coke.
So yeah. After that we just kind of went our separate ways. Many hugs were had! These were the people that I actually felt sad I'm not going to be around anymore; they were such a positive influence on me, academically and in terms of making me a better friend as well. Hopefully, the lessons that I've learnt from them won't be forgotten as soon as I get herded off to Perak with a bunch of other socially challenged, over-achievers. Or.. not. I dunno. Most of the people that I've gotten to know that are going to KY next January are lovely folks- outgoing, assertive girls. Not really the "quiet, alim" kind of people I was expecting. HAHA. But I'm sure there'll be plenty of those too, not that I mind. I really must get to this whole "mendampingi orang yang bertakwa" thing. x)
Whoops, kind of side-tracked a bit. How refreshing is this, I actually don't have to think about "oh shit what paper's coming next?" or "what time should I get up tonight to study?"... I love it!
Got sidetracked again, HEH. So yeah, Fazlan dearest and Syazana joined my family and I for dinner at Garden. Adam behaved beautifully for the most part and Daniya was her usual angelic self, so there were no mishaps. Thank God. After my friends left, I hung out at Borders because by God I haven't read any good books in SO LONG. I was like a lost child in a candy store, flipping through book after book after book... But in the end I only bought two, both by Agatha Christie because... it's Agatha Christie.
With that said, I need recommendations, people! Tweet mehhhh!
All in all, it was such a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful evening. :) And I didn't even get to the cherry to the icing of the cake yet!
I came home. Walked through my bedroom door. And found...
a) The Selby Is In Your Place. Yes, the item from my wishlist. It's huge, and amazing, and I can't even... I can't even finish the sentence coherently! I just love it.
b) A hard-disk. 320GB of anime & manga, baby!
Gonna lock and load this darling tonight. You should see me now, staring like a creeper at that little black device of awesome. I have to name it something cool... after my second brother Ahmad Zaki, who got me both of the items I mentioned above! :D Love you brother! <3
Heeeehhhh. My attention span is wearing out. So many things I gotta do! Clean out my room, rewatch all my favourite anime, start watching all my recommended anime, hug The Selby book to death...? AAAAH SO MANY ACTIVITIES SO LITTLE TIME. *distressed* Hehehhe.
In any case, tomorrow seems to be another spectacular day waiting for me. Going out at 11.30 (read that again, ELEVEN THIRTY IN THE MORNING) to Mid Valley. Having an early lunch with the girlzzz (of course you know that means Megan & Lydia, who are my angels I swear), a bit of "shopping" (of course you know that means books, or food, or both), and a movie! Something in 3D I hope.
Okay then. I do believe this is the longest post I've written in a while! Feels, so, god, damn, good. I need to get over this rush before I lose my dignity.
...
Ah screw it. Mwah mwah my people of awesome! Have a lovely holiday!
p/s Since I've gotten a barrage of "HOW DO YOU FEEL NAO" messages from seniors, juniors and foreign friends alike, I'm just going to answer all of you here-
For me, SPM finishing... wasn't a big bang. It wasn't an explosion of feeling that made me overwhelmed for a bit. Instead, it was like a series of realizations- like, "Hey! I have time to read normal books now!" or "Hey! I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to study anymore!". Y'know? It's hitting me slowly, bit by bit. Maybe this way I get to savour the adrenaline a little bit longer? So it's a good thing. :)
* I said so yeah three times in this post. Clearly, this shows how my level of fluency in the English language is depreciating faster than the US dollar. :| :| MUST. START. READING. NOW.
No comments:
Post a Comment