Friday, December 24, 2010

prom: a break-down.

30 hours before prom, I was adamant (as I had been for the past three months) that I wouldn't go. 24 hours before prom, someone began convincing me to go. 21 hours before prom, I made a split-second decision to fuck everything else, insecurity included, and just go. By the time it was 6 hours before prom, I had already found a dress (that was both decent and inexpensive), a clutch (for the first time in my life), & some gorgeous heels. 2 hours before prom, I finished doing my hair at A Cut Above in BV. 1 hour before prom, I asked myself what the hell I was doing and whether or not I looked like an idiot. 0.5 hours before prom, the love of my life successfully made me feel beautiful with just a single look.

And everything else didn't matter.

Try to look for photographs of me, but I don't think you'll find many. I was too busy having a deliciously good time. :) Good food, good laughs. Pictures of fake smiles will only go so far; I'll have my memories with me.

This goes to show just one thing that I somehow had forgotten along the way in 2010- fun is subjective. The only factor that is relevant in your having fun is yourself. It doesn't matter if you have no friends, your hair is a mess or you have smaller boobs than everyone else. Just screw the rest of the world. And have fun being you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment