Friday, December 24, 2010

disconnected.

Gundam is the shit. Watched three episodes before heading out for daughter duty with mama; preparations for the cousin's engagement- chocolates, fruits, flowers, et cetera. I love waking up in the morning to a text from him. These are the times I realize that for all my proficiency in English and dedication to saving the world- all I am, really, is an angsty teenager looking for an outlet. Can't wait to turn 20. I think I'm contradicting something I said in my previous post. Whatever.

Made time for a quick stop at the bookstore in BSC this afternoon, which was jam packed with last-minute Christmas shoppers and the usual crowds of people who don't celebrate Christmas but just like to spend money during this time of year anyway. Bought three new books, a whiteboard eraser (because erasing with tissue is counter-productive), and thumbtacks because I love thumbtacks. First book that I picked up was another crime thriller, this time by James Patterson, who is in my Godly Authors list right below JRR Tolkien and above Agatha Christie. Proof? I bought the book at about 4.30pm. Just finished it. /smirk/

Superfreakonomics is harder to wrap my head around than its predecessor, but I'll get there. By the way, my dad's convinced that I'll need more than three years to do PPE. I'll take that as a challenge, thank you daddy. I know I've been pretty set on LSE ever since I began fancying Economics (roughly a year and a half ago)- but now that reality is starting to set in, and the rose-tinted glasses are coming off about many many things... Well. My options are inching open, bit by bit. Looking up accommodation in Oxford & Cambridge. Early Planning is my middle name.

On a lighter (maybe?) note, I'm having sushi and toast for dinner. :happyface:

No comments:

Post a Comment