Friday, September 3, 2010

Love-saturated. I am blessed.

This is what Yan wrote for me, the darling-




Alia Astaman
You've always been one of my solid rocks. You are forever selfless and perfect in my eyes, even though you often deny that. You are one of the few people in my life who filled my school days with nothing but happiness. I will forever remember our little Twilight obsession as well as many more things we've decided to experiment together. I love you to bits and I consider you as a sister I never had before. <3 stay beautiful because you are and don't let other people tell you you're not. I will never forget the times you told me not to sleep in class and to pay attention to teacher even though I had had less than 3 hours of sleep. You've always been the more righteous of the 1Malaysia gang. But please don't get too stressed out. You should live life a little less severe; no one doesn't not like you. It's impossible to hate you.




Dear Amber Yee Sook Yan,
If I'm beautiful, you're a freaking goddess. I've always wished I had at least 0.2% of your talent- you're so good at what you do, and I've known that ever since we met each other ten years ago. Everyone else was still practicing drawing circles- you were already painting the front cover of Harry Potter: Order of The Phoenix. I still remember being awed by your Charlotte Church portraits when we were what, 11, 12? You've got so much going for you Yan, I know you'll be absolutely successful in your life- and you'd be an idiot if you ever believed you deserved anything less. ♥ Art notwithstanding, you've been one of my closest friends for close to 10 years now. It's hard to believe that once we were sharing crayons with each other and you'd teach me how to color within the lines- now we're making plans, lots of plans, and at the end of this year (as hard as I try to not think about it) I'll be one of those goofs sending you to KLIA, watching you board that plane to UK. UK, baby! Art college! It's everything we talked about as kids and I know you'll just blow those British people away. Ace it, okay? For the 1Malaysia gang. :') Stay beautiful, darling. I love you.

Dear Shiva Narrthine,
Cheap child! Haha. You, my best friend just made of everything that is laughter and awesomesauce. What I love about you-- is your unchangingness. You were this random, erratic and funny (another word for Lame :p) at the age of 7 as you are now (even lamer, actually xD) at 17. Remember when you used to hate me for breaking my promise to sit next to you for the next year? We've come a long way since then, huh. From your quirky lanme-ass jokes :p to your love for My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park and Simple Plan to your passion for football and Arsenal- from the very beginning, you've always been the unique best friend of mine, the girl who's unlike any other teenage girl that I know. You're a rockstar, babe, with a no-nonsense attitude and such an enduring patience and dedication for the things you love- coding, PBSM, marching. Thanks to you (and of course your sister :p), PBSM's reputation has soared. I also have reason to believe that you have literally changed Hartamas students' view of co-curriculum forever. LOL. I'm devastated that the 1Malaysia gang is splitting up after almost 11 years together- but I know that you'll do just fine. In fact, better than fine. You're going to rule the world one day. And I'll be right beside you, making sure you don't fall asleep at meetings and that you don't flip out on your family or work yourself to death. Always keep it real, sayang. I love you.

Dear Melor Nungsari,
You came into my life at the age of 15, the little petite girl who came alone to register for her first day in Hartamas. I was the ever-observant prefect who was determined to do good and felt sympathetic for the poor new girl. Before I offered to take you up to your classroom, I thought you were Form 1- but you were in my form. xD Not only that- in my new class too! (I'd been in Cekal the year before.) In that sense, we were both a little lost. Soon enough, I realized that my original impression of "lonely new girl" was dead, freaking wrong. You were a little bubble of energy and sunshine once you opened up, and I dare say that you made friends faster than I did in that nerdified, stress-inducing environment known as 3 Amanah 2008. A bloody smart-ass too! :p But I was happy to find a new friend- a friend who didn't care about clothes or make-up or boys; just enjoyed having fun and experiencing life as a kid before she grew up. As fate would have it, we spent Form 4 together too and that year only served to strengthen our friendship. Form 5 rolled around, and suddenly I realize that you've become one of my best friends. The kind of friend that I'll never ever ever let go of. Love you, you little green alien. And, Insya'Allah, if everything goes well- let's make our 18 months at college together the best damn semesters of our lives. ♥ (Yes. We're going to the same college. Finally, someone I won't be apart from! Haha)

Dear Sarah Elise,
My relationship with you has a wide range, doesn't it- we've gone from dangerously lesbo-ish to utter enemies who couldn't stand each other to friends who bitched about each other to 'frenemies' to two girls who are just friends, no strings attached- I'm there for you when you need me, you're there for me when I need you, and the rest of the time we're people who just hug and go. As I've said to you before, I'm the cat who loves you, who you'll never get rid of despite how many times you step on my tail or hiss at me to go away. You're gorgeous, bitch; I know you'll never believe me but you are. I love how we talk without talking. Sometimes, you just hold me and I stop crying. You don't bother with all the usual comfort words, all the "It's going to be okay"s- you know it doesn't work on me. So instead, you sing weird English songs that I've never even heard of. Your skirt gets damp with my tears, and I have no idea how you sit so still for so long, just stroking my hair. But I love you. Never lose your power to sing, dance, and hope. I love you.

Dear Red Circle (Imran, Ashraf, Daniel & Aniq),
Ah. We were... the five of us, we were it, right? Not necessarily inseparable physically, but we.. I don't know. I don't know where we were, I don't know where we are. You guys made my experience as a Hartamasian the most interesting.  Ever. Good friends... We were good friends. Haha. Deep down, I guess I know the bond will still be there. Just... Take care. I know things aren't the same right now, as they were back when we were Form 2, when passing the prefect interview was the biggest thing we had to worry about. We've come a long way in some ways- but we've backtracked in others. But, huh. I guess we all changed. Hopefully, our friendship will always remain the same.

Dear Visa & Eze, (yes you two are one unit)
Once upon a time, my dad told me to start "collecting" friends. Not in the kill-you-and-turn-you-into-a-wax-figure kind of collection, but in the love-and-never-let-go kind of way. You two are definitely two of the highest on my list! Visa babe, let's be honest- you & I went head to head for a better part of our years of knowing each other. Why ah? I don't know, haha, maybe because we're so alike in our stubbornness and hard-headedness. :p But in the end, I'm so happy that we worked past our differences and now even share a common wife/husband! (Hohohoho) You'll make an excellent surgeon. And I'm sure whatever idiot who has broken your heart in the past is going to kick himself after he realizes what he actually lost. ;) Now stop going to freaking India every few months, or I'll have to pretend that I don't miss you terribly! :(
p/s: I'm so sorry I tried to steal your wife (Ezelea) away from you. :p
Eze........ THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH ALL MY ANNOYING NONSENSE, hah. I know it's not easy sitting in front of a 'dumb' kid like me. :p (Hohohoho) Your tenacity, humility and capability to keep it all together despite being faced with the immense pressure of holding the title of "Smartest Girl In Form 5"- I'll never forget it, and I believe that I'll be using you as an example not only for SPM but later on in life. Go get your dreams, girl! Because you're just one of those people who were born to be brilliant. And go find your handsome, intelligent brain surgeon husband :p who will hold your handbag for you! Ahahah.
* Yes. This is what the "nerd class" always ends up discussing- who is fit to be Ezelea Elwina Sandosam's husband. :p

Dear Form 5 Prefects,
WOW. Haha. For those who have been with me since Form 2... fck yeah man! We made it through! Four dinners, four camps, four years of unbelievable experiences and lessons learnt both the easy & hard ways. Four years of holding thankless responsibilities and being shouted at for not being good enough; of losing friendships over duty; of realizing that if it was that easy for them to not be your friends, then they weren't your friends in the first place. Four years of knowing the meaning of punctuality; staying back for meetings; early recess; leaving the classroom 10 minutes early before the dismissal bell. Four years of duty, a sense of belonging & family to this odd-ball group of people who'd signed up for this job without really knowing what they were getting themselves into. But it didn't matter- because in a matter of time, you become one unit, and despite all these cliques and camps and sulks and PMS-modes you know that this is where you will come home to. Guess what, though? A few more months, and it will all finally be over. :') Time to put away that blue uniform, reluctantly acknowledge the fact that now you have no more power to tell people to shut up. You're one of the majority, the crowd. Feel like you've been waiting for this for a long time? Yeah, me too. But at the same time... It's hard to go without looking back. I'm going to miss you people.

Dear 4 Marikh 2009/5 Marikh 2010,
WE DID IT.
It.. I.. hm.
What can I say?
MARIKH MARIKH MENARIK, KAU MEMANG THE BOMB
#oldmartianjoke
I love you guys. You turned my orderly, routine-filled upper secondary life upside-down. We are chaos, and we show more love than discipline, shouting happy birthday for teachers across the school and making apology cards for those times where we stepped over the line. We are noise, the noise of laughter -not of mockery and sarcasm, but general laughter because we realize how funny life really is- that not everything has to be taken so seriously. The Marikh noise; it's the noise of the boys playing football at the back of the class, of Sabina's group screaming over the latest Korean fad, over Clinton and Ashven John having another political debate, of Ezelea begging teacher to mark her paper one more time, of the 1Malaysia gang (+ Amirul & Melor) making cynical comments about life, of Gloria singing Bubbly, of Ash telling Gloria to stop singing Bubbly 'CUZ IT'S GOING TO RAIN (#oldmartianjoke), of FabNab, Mai playing that silly Guess Who I Am game, of Melissa & Syaz talking about something naughty ;), et cetera.
My favorite thing about Marikh is how despite the fact that all of our little clans' dynamics are so bloody different, in times of need everyone meshes together in a perfect network that gets things done. Personal differences are put aside for the common goal, and nobody is detached. Everyone is a Martian.
Words cannot describe how much I'll freaking miss you guys.
Despite how much I shout at you. (Ngeh.)
I love you. :'( All 39 of you. Okay?
Study hard for SPM. LET'S SHOW 'EM WHAT WE MARTIANS ARE MADE OF 8D

*cue awesome music*

p/s: This is only a leetle fraction of the people I planned to write notes for. But it looks like I'm running out of time! D: I've got another post I've been meaning to do for quite some time already.. So... Yeah. It looks like I'll be stopping here for now. :')

SPECIAL JUNIOR MENTIONS
1. Emmalina Hood
My baby since I was Form 2 and she was Form 1. Somehow it got from being her perbarisan guide to prefect guide to graphics guide. Haha. My adorable mini-me who is somehow fierce with everyone else except her mommies. :') You take care of yourself, ok? Even when I'm not around to hug or distract you or give you wise mommy advise, you still got your mommy 1.0 to look out for you aight? No getting too angry, no making decisions irrationally, and for the love of God no over-working yourself UNLESS it's for something absolutely important. I love you. And I will miss you like crazy. :( Don't make me cry anymore!

2. Pau May May
Please take care of Emma, and yourself too. You're one of those girls who tend to be so hard on themselves, but don't be. Don't be like me, all insecurity and inferiority complex. x) You're PAU MAY MAY, made to shine so don't deprive the world of your happy smiles and great ideas. :) An over-achiever like none other, but honey, please remember that after it all what you're going to want to take away from your secondary school experience is happy, kick-ass, carefree memories and everlasting friendships.

3. Nur Diyanah
Oh sweetheart. When the two people I mentioned in #1 and #2 go crazy, please promise me that you'll be there, with your angelic smile and calming voice, and just make it better.

4. Aisyah Katrina
You know what I realized? I still haven't taught you how to code. :( After SPM kay sayang? :) I love you! I'm so counting on you to be the Head of Graphics in 2012, so PLEASE never ever stop expanding your skills on Photoshop. I'll still be reading your blog regularly of course ;).

5. Kong Joe
.... I WILL successfully learn Thai one day okay! :p I've forgotten all the words we exchanged though! Haiyo, I guess I should've wrote them down. :p Have fun at your remaining year and a half in school!

6. Elmira
You. Are. A. Spectacular. Piece. Of. Humanity. There should be more people in the world like you- efficient and hard-working but so filled with love and joy. I adore how you don't conform to other people's methods of making it to the top- even now at the peak of your success you still kept your wits, and your morals, and the principles of life that you believe in. I admire that. You make me have warm fuzzy feelings la El! :')

Tired now! Haha. I got one more post to come. :( The thoughts are overflowing tonight- maybe because I've held them in for so long.
*hearts*
*sparkles* \non-Cullen
*confetti*
*good karma*

No comments:

Post a Comment