Okay, seriously. Tell me you guys are at least 5% surprised that I'm back before I said I would be. No? Am I really that predictable? /sighs/
So yeah, hi. I'm here again because the Internet is a sin and I'm feeling rebellious, 18th November is too far away, and I'm half-way bored, half-way tired of learning about World War II and all it's consequences.
Results? Erm, straight A's. I made it a point to not disclose what my personal goal was this time around, but let's just say I didn't make it. 2A+, 2A-, and the rest are A's. Highest for Agama in 5U/5M and Accounts in 5M. 2nd highest for English and Biology (but the gap between my mark & Ezelea's was, as always, mortifying). I'm trying to figure out how I messed up Chemistry so bad (75), and why I'm not happy with my Accounts mark (86). Snappy people, not my thing.
My third and last brother got engaged last Saturday, which was an interesting experience. Not really the first (three married siblings by the age of 16, MLIA) time I've been exposed to this wedding stuff, but it felt... new. In a way. Like I was involved more. More people, more laughs, more drama, less "tepi sikit" and more normal conversation- like, I'm a certified member of the family now, instead of the baby princess who can't handle herself. Okay, fine, I've accepted that I will never actually escape that label but it's nice to feel, included with the clan. Included. Yeah. That's the word.
/contemplative silence/ Tonight is another busy, pre-engagement event; this time, Abang Shazali (cousin) is the man getting hitched and the rombongan's departing from our place so yeah. Since my maid is off for a month's leave in Indonesia, we're just ordering Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa (old school, the KB one lol). Anddddddd my first sister-in-law's pregnant. Shocker!!! Hahah. I'm gonna have five anak buah. So surreal.
Note that I'm typing things out as they pop up in my head, since every time I attempt to form witty, coherent sentences with some semblance of flow my mind goes completely blank. Sorry for the discontinuity. I can't help it. Can't.
Life's been a real mess of things from the past, and the future. Old wounds coming up to hurt me, as I stare at my Certificates and mourn for "the post that got away", and that later feeling of smugness as I realize that for a rule-breaking drama queen Damansara brat, I didn't do so bad with the eleven years of my schooling life. Hari Koko came and went, with a lot of hilarity, love, and appreciating what we've been through together as the Class of 2010. :')
College? Dude, don't get me started. Excited screams of classmates as the scholarships start pouring in, everyone preparing their awards and accomplishments in one shiny folder to be photocopied and certified by the Principal herself (my aunt's signing mine, more convenient) and every day there seems to be some new brochure or other for a college in Nilai, or Perak, or whatever, which looks interesting for a few minutes, but it doesn't really matter since I only look half-heartedly anyway. I know my heart's pretty set on that one place.
Speaking of... Tomorrow's the Open Day. I'll be sitting with Melor, Shaza, any other Hartamasians that turn up. Hopefully, Fazlan will be there. I hope nobody recognizes me. It's hard enough to walk in a grandmother's shadow, a father's shadow, I'll be damned if I have to walk in a shadow of "Adik Zaki/Aida/Riza" for 18 months of my life. Not that there's anything bad about walking in shadows of successful family members, but still, there's only so much shadow-walking a girl can take.
/shuts up about shadows wtf/
Sooooooo. Typing on the iMac is hard.
I might be going to New York for my Post-SPM Holiday. (Yes, it's a holiday so important that it deserves to be capitalized, shut up, don't judge me.)
Uh. I guess that's it.
Hope all my pwetty widdle juniors had a blast for finals.
Or is it still going on?
Jeez, the Form 5s are so isolated from the rest of the school...
OH AND I'M NOT REALLY A GLAMBERT FAN BUT THE SONG' FEVER' HAS BEEN STUCK IN MY HEAD (AND ON REPEAT ON MY PHONE) FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS. ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO PROVIDE A NEW SONG FOR ME TO BE OBSESSED WITH, PREFERABLY WITH LESS SEXUAL INNUENDO, IS WELCOME TO CONTACT ME.
Ciao, beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment