Thursday, March 24, 2011

To Lydia Wong.

The only person who will ever have a right to define who you are is yourself. You are more than a bunch of grades, than that mundane piece of paper which is the so-called 'culmination' of the Malaysian education system, that has failed the nation in so many ways. The paper is not you, you are not the paper. You are more than that; so much more. You are wit and sarcasm, intelligence and humour, love and affection; you care for your friends with a fierceness that I cannot fathom and you have this enduring beauty which I have observed for the better part of five years, so trust me, I know what I'm talking about when I say that baby you're gorgeous, top to bottom, inside and out. You are the cool clothes you wear and the Nutella cupcakes you made for me and the lame jokes that spill out of your mouth; one of my closest friends who I will always admire and appreciate, not just for being there for me when I needed you, but also for the many facets of your personality that those faceless SPM examiners will never know about you. You are yourself, and this thing will make you sad and emo and hurt for a while, but you know what, there was a time when we thought UPSR was the biggest shit in the world- at some point baby, it all becomes irrelevant, just another step in this bitchfit called life, and the only thing you'll have left is what you yourself believe in you. So have faith, okay?

p/s this post is equipped with 3 megatonnes of good karma, hugs, kisses, cute pictures of cute boys, chocolate ice-cream with rainbow sprinkles and Hershey's chocolate sauce, Mean Girls quotes, Oreo cheesecake, butterscotch milkshakes, four-cheese macaroni, double rainbows, unicorns, fluffy kittens, sunshine, stormy weather, Sunday mornings, ninja kittehs, LOLcats, laughing babies, shirtless Daniel Radcliffs, and Spencer Reid reading John Green books. That is how much I love you.

p/p/s to anyone else who is also feeling disgruntled and/or depressed regarding your SPM results- I know that to ask you to cheer up and smile right now is a bit of an impossible task, but, you know... Just keep it all in perspective. Chin up, soldiers of 1993, and march on forward- you'll never see where you're headed if you keep looking back. I love all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment