Monday, May 9, 2011

Oops.

My Maxis broadband hath returned from the land of the deceased!
Stuff that happened since the last time:

1. Daniel and Imran came to visit me some Saturday ago! Much fun was had. Gave them a campus tour and we had lunch at the cafe and they picked up girls (which I totally know was the ulterior motive for them to visit me).

2. UEM had their fancy schmoozing-session tree-planting event on the same day they came to visit. Sometimes studying in KY feels like being in a zoo- when all the big shots descend upon the campus, and you have to "mingle" and look "intelligent" and basically convince them that we're worth investing money in. I am not a good schmoozer. :(

3. Japanese Cultural Night: Project Sunrise. on the 25th of April. We made a profit of RM 900. Maid cafe, SUSHI, games from Japan Foundation KL, geisha dances, the leng-lui girls in kimonos, hanging out with Noel at the coupon counter. Fantastic night. As secretary of the JCC I kind of got carried away writing the reports. Heh.

4. My sister-in-law, Haslina (the first one) gave birth to an adorable baby boy on the 29th of April! His name is Ahmad Ezra and he is the most darling infant to come into existence ever! /gushing aunt mode/ Anyway, that makes my total tally of anak buah to five! Adam (5), Sara (4), Daniya (3), Izlan (2) and now Ezra. :D

4. Semester exams from 3rd to 5th May. Further Maths Pure on the first day, no paper on the second day, then Economics, English Literature and Further Maths Applied on the third day. Did I die? Almost. In the span of 3 days, I only slept for an accumulated 8 hours. Pft.

5. Mother's Day weekend was great! :) Went for Cemerlang Tuition Center's Award Ceremony (it feels belated, this happiness, but it was a joy to meet a few of my old schoolmates and Puan Lau), then I did my USA visa application with my third brother until like 1 a.m. on Saturday night. Had Brunch with Kak Aida and dinner with Abang Zaki on Sunday. :D

6. I'm going to New York, baby! From the 26th of June 'til the 6th of July. ♥ We'll also be taking a few days in Massachusetts and I've been totally campaigning to my dad so that we can go for the campus tours of Harvard & MIT. No guys, no more room in my luggage, KY friends got there first. :P Hehe. Best part? We're going on the Emirates A380 on the way back to KL! Hehehe. Most awesome SPM present ever.

7. Keefe's farewell was the weekend before exams. It was cool, I had a great time catching up with Fazlan, RC and the rest. Hope Keefe has a meaningful experience in the land down under! Woot.

8. Bangsawan preparations are underway! :O Bangsawan, if you remember, is KY's biggest inter-house event. Each house must prepare a 20-minute traditional Malay drama- complete with balairung seri sets, golden songket costumes, and flowery 'prosa klasik' script. Incidentally, I got Co-Director :D & I'm in charge of costumes and props. Wonderful. The thing is, if we were in KL everything could be rented, but since I'm in KY and everyone & everything here is self-sustaining and shit, I am looking at the possibility that I will actually have to sew some of the god-damn costumes. Whatever it is, I'm excited & fully committed to making this year's Bangsawan kick-ass! #proudtopazianforlife

9. Bangsawan pressure is also strong as Topaz won eleven awards last year. FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU /clenches fist/

10. I have three new books to read, I'm fully caught up with Naruto, and I'm starting to read Fairy Tail. Life = good.

11. There is an INSANE heatwave on campus right now. Everyone's naturally gravitating towards the IT centers and the Resource Center every night since those are the two most heavily air-conditioned places. Too damn hot! It's kind of normal now to just lounge around the apartment in just a t-shirt and towel, HAHA. Even the KY showers, which are so notoriously known for being freezing cold, are feeling a bit warm. :( Haih.

All in all, I'm doing okay guys. Doing okay. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment