My trilingual speech went by with three hitches:
1. I stumbled on the Pengetua's name during the BM part
2. I was way too aggressive (in my effort to NOT be monotonous) during the English part.
3. I giggled, no, seriously. I giggled when I had to give the Japanese part. :p
At least, I made a lot of people listen. Haha. Everyone got so excited, and before I started one of the cute ones yelled "Gambare!" Homgsh. And I was just, "I WILL NOT FLAIL. I WILL NOT. FLAIL." Eventhough I secretly did a happy dance inside my head.
Received a personal invitation from the Principal to further my studies in Japan.
He said I had a 'rippa' accent too. I love life.
Gah.
:) *moment of pure, fulfilled bliss*
I saw shoes with 22389485982734 colors today. They get to wear any kind of footwear they like, and any hairstyle they like, SO. it was a pretty stark contrast with the girls from Ampang, who were mostly in tudung and blazers (like myself, but I didn't really fit in because my blazer was navy and theirs was chocolate brown). But still. Despite communication issues and aesthetic differences, everyone made friends pretty quickly. :Dv
They learnt how to play congkak in the classrooms while I had to make small-talk with the principal and vice about how delicious our local food is. Funny part is when I was the only one there who could speak with both sides of the table, so I was made to sit in between the two parties and translate.
At least I got yummy soto and cakes in the process. (Y)
Loves.
ps: I realize that you might have read that and still not have a clue on what's going on. HAHA. Okay, so, my dad always financially supports a lot of schools, and one of them is SMK Puteri Ampang. Every year Bunkyo Gakuin High School comes over to SMKPA for one day of cultural exchange, and every year my dad (of course) is expected to give the opening speech.
HOWever, this year he was unable to attend because he's in Terengganu for le Tour de Langkawi (he's consultant of something something). Thus... I became the favorite daughter, conveniently able to speak Japanese and suitably free on the 2nd of March. -.-"
Haha, I don't mind though. He finally said he was 'proud of me'. I guess, more than missing Bio Add Maths & Sejarah, that counts. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment