Tuesday, March 9, 2010

As we go on...

Emotions running high; it's been at least forty-eight hours since home sweet home but the adrenaline, it sticks to me, and it won't wear off, and I feel like crying because how could I be leaving the board?


I feel like I've been a Prefect my whole life. It's in me- it's part of me, and sometimes it feels like it's who I AM- the Prefect. What will I do when I have to leave? How could I go? How could I leave behind this blue uniform and revert to being a normal student? How could I leave this weird, dysfunctional family of mine and join the masses once again?

I can't.

Yellow Hawks, we are amazing. We were a group of the oddest people put in the oddest combination- but we made it work. We had grouches and mutes and Mr Nice Guys and yellow Indians (hah) and a lovely Exco and me, I don't know what I am, but what I do know is that I love you guys because we made it WORK, and in the end, everyone truly became a better Prefect than before they arrived at Cope.

Form 4s, I'm really proud of you. Everyone moans & groans about how spawn-of-the-devil the batch of '94 is, but you guys really proved that same 'everyone' wrong. Thank you for singing that song for us, and EMMA YOU LIL' DEVIL, I WOULDN'T HAVE STARTED CRYING UNTIL I HUGGED YOU TO MAKE YOU STOP CRYING.

.. My throat feels choked up.

I won't say what happened at camp- Prefects, we know what happened. ;) The Bhangra guy, getting lost in the jungle for five hours, singing Taylor Swift songs on the bus at the top of our lungs, wading in the river, crawling in the mud, climbing the walls, the vines with thorns (ouch), late night gossip sessions in tents or chalets, booing the boys who walked back from the bathhouse half-naked (unless they had good bodies, LOL SOOK YAN!!!), running up and down 100 steps four times (that's 800 steps, people) in the space of three hours, Cope's AMAZING FOOD, the Look-Out Point, crying on the stage as everyone started hugging each other, the *shhhhh* :P, the KPop spontaneous dances, the Glee karaoke...

And for the non-prefects, well... Join the family, you're always welcome. :)

You, you see us, maybe as machines. What kind of non-teenager actually volunteers to be a 'slave of the school', you think?

Well, my friend... You are missing out on SO MUCH, you don't even know. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment