No Sejarah seminar for me! :) Yesterday, Kancil called up my mom to tell her that the seminar had been switched to Saturday (yesterday), and today was only Physics and it was starting at 9.30 and I was like "There is no way I am waking up before 9:30 tomorrow, ma" and she's like "Okay" since I got 87 for my last Physics exam anyway so like yeah what's funny is that I woke up at 9:29 today. HE. HE. HE.
IU Day 2010 was legendary. I felt that it was the most beautiful way to end my social life for my senior year, even though there were lots of bad moments in the morning where my low self-esteem wouldn't leave me alone and I nearly retched a few times in the (super pretty) bathroom, until an angel was sent to me in the form of one very beloved daughter, Emmalina Hood. Yes dear, that was what I was going to do until you walked in and shouted my name in a totally non-adorable indiscreet manner. :p
I woke up at 6.30, picked Faiz up at his place and was at the college by 8.00. Fussed around with the projector and did all my technical run-throughs, and helped with random things like folding brochures and sprinkling glitter on the tables. Boring bits. At 11.30, my mum came and I went for Biology. Was a bit antsy all throughout because I was so afraid that I'd miss my moment of glory, but despite the fact that I came out of class a few minutes later than expected and there was a HORRENDOUS traffic jam from TTDI, I made it in ample time.
Lots of people dressed up, but it's okay, this is Hartamas, and dressing up is normal. The TTDI group was outtasight, 5 bloody tables- can we have some applause, please? ;) Anyway, Jabbajuniorz absolutely KILLED (in the awesome way) the opening ceremony, and then it was roll call, and then it was over, and then Akouein was up and I was doing Registration because PEOPLE DID NOT TURN UP FOR THEIR SHIFTS and then I was doing Security because they were a bit short-handed and I got kinda pissed that our guests kept moving in and out of the hall, and every time the door opened there'd be a distracting shaft of white light that blasted through the whole hall.
After that, I realized that I probably should get to the Performances station. Met up with the Shaifubrahim siblings (Mae & Sean) whom I haven't seen in FOREVER, they were there as part of Pop Royalty of course. Finally got to talk to Miller in real life, HAHA, seemed surreal. Some of the bands' slots had to be switched around due to some irresponsible artists not showing up, but luckily our host this year (Jin from Hitz.fm) was extremely cool about it, and accommodating to all the changes we made last-minute. Even the sound tech guys were really nice about everything and didn't get any of the music mixed up at all! I love it when people co-operate with us! :D
At some point of the day, Fazlan took one look at me and told me to SIT. DOWN. So I complied, meekly, and we talked about things and laughed and like yeah he pulled out something that may or may not have been something small and sparkly
and
hm
yeah. :)
Basically, it was seven hours of work. I didn't get to actually sit down inside the hall and enjoy the performances (well, not from the audience point of view- I was at the stage door plenty of times) until after five o'clock. Buuuuut I guess it was all worth it, especially when we announced the DANCE FLOOR!
/details about the dance floor will remain confidential because this is the Internet and my sister reads this blog/
So. Mhm. IU Day wrapped up and I managed to escape the hall before the crowd turned crazy. Took a 10-minute shower at home before heading back out to Sri Petaling for baca yasin. After my Maghrib, I fell asleep all the way until 9.15pm when Nana finally dragged me off the bed to eat SOMETHING. (I missed lunch.)
And boy, did I eat. Haha. Came back home only at 11.30pm and conked out until 9.29 the next morning (today). Sent my mother to a kenduri at my sister-in-law's parents' place in Kampung Bharu, and while waiting for her to be done my brother and myself killed time at the nerd store in Curve. Nerd store meaning our favorite manga/anime merchandise hang-out HAHA. It was fun. We got 2 new animes that look pretty good, plus the salesguy was nice enough to throw in a Naruto bag and Itachi liquid paper for free! :3
Embarrassing moment of the week: I went to the upper level of the shop, where they keep all the cosplay stuff, and I was literally keeling over at all the new stuff that they didn't have before (LIKE THE ANBU OUTFIT! AND THE JOUNIN MASK! AND THE HOKAGE CLOAK AKDFJA;SDKLFJAF)- when suddenly I heard loud footsteps coming up the stairs. A moment later, a whole bunch of five-year-old boys launched themselves at the section I was in, spazzing in the same way I was.
Yes. I have reached the mentality level of five-year-old boys when it comes to anime. :-|
... RIP streetcred lol
See you guys next weekend! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment