usyLast week was, intense. Four-hour decorating sessions at GH, followed by tons of Further Maths homework, followed by unnecessary stressing- led to an ultimate fatigue attack on Wednesday night. Yes, the night before BA itself. But anyway. I was fine during the event. And I'm happy to say that I think it went quite well, despite the blatantly obvious hitches along the way. I also learned of the burden of cleaning up after an event, inclusive of washing other people's dirty dishes and making sure the GH was spotless by midnight. Um. The next day, batch 13.5 were pretty much zombies. You should've seen the line to buy Nescafe at the vending machines. It would've been hilarious, had I not been one of those zombies myself. Ugh. Whose bright idea was it to have BA on a Thursday again?
Pft, so yeah. The weekend arrived pretty quickly and since all three of my apartment-mates went back to KL, I found myself stoning most of the time, or sleeping, or chilling with the girls from Room 18. On Saturday night, I was supposed to have gone to Tg Malim's infamous pasar malam, or at least participate in the star-gazing shebang being held by MUSCOM. Instead, the Orang Tak Balik of Batch 13.5 gathered together, sat in the corridor at Saad Square and played Uno. Speaking of which, I suck at Uno terribly. So I left pretty early, about close to 11pm. Bunked in Suria's room, and I felt so bad because she made me sleep on the bed while she slept on Faiza's extra mattress thing. /slaps self/ I woke up all dizzy and disoriented the next morning, almost close to noon. Gosh. Weekends in KY make you seriously sloth-like.
Hung out at the cafe for a (very) late Sunday luncheon with Carolyn, Suria & Noel, and lepak-ed there for a bit until my parents arrived. Spent a bit of time with them, and lo and behold the lazy, lethargic feeling of Sunday afternoon had passed into the more hectic atmosphere of Sunday night. The noisy arrivals of the 13.5 girls, reunion screams and shrieks and hugs and discussing who brought what show/movie/food back. It was raining pretty heavily by 7.30, so Melor and myself opted out of dinner at DH and had instant noodles instead, with only 30 Rock and each other for company. So much love for the darling.
So today was Monday, first day of IELTS classes. I rushed like crazy during the morning break to print out my presentation, and it turns out that my assigned teacher, Ms Madeline Rozario, didn't even want us to do it today. I could have eaten a proper breakfast okay! *wail* But moving on. After a brief formal assembly, the students were dismissed and we all went back to our respective rooms, although NOT before taking a quick stop at the cafe for Milo tabur (yum) and sandwiches (not so yum). Aizat taught me how to speak Sarawakian! :)
So, yeah. It was about 5.30pm. Athira and myself were just chatting randomly, and suddenly there was a knock on the door. It was Esther, coming in to get ready for KY's Chinese New Year celebration tonight. A few seconds later, Yoong Hoong. June. Shermaine. Eli. Shun Yi. LIKE CHINESE NEW YEAR PARTY HEYYYY! Just watched them do each other's hair (they're all performing for tonight), and after some time I quietly retired to my room to fix my phone. (It's being SO retarded.)
And then.
Melor walks through the door. With a bouquet of roses.
She hands them to me.
"They're from Fazlan," she says.
"Huh?"
"They're from Fazlan." I love how slow I am to get the point.
"What? How?"
"He called me and asked me for a favour."
"Oh my GOD" /melts into a puddle of goo/
and the rest, you can pretty much figure out.
Why am I blessed with such beautiful people in my life? I mean, the boy even remembered that I don't like red roses. Ugh. I love you so much b. No matter what college, what university, what country, or what job that life takes me to- you'll always be the best thing that ever happened to me. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment