Chinese New Year Celebration was the bomb. The night kicked off with a splendid Lion Dance, which went on until the VIPs (Mr Sutherland & family, plus the other teachers) arrived. Then there were a few speeches, a few songs, and DINNER. Hats off to the DH people for providing excellent sweet & sour chicken (:, and the longan was a nice touch too.
Cheered my head off with Noel, Aina and the rest of the 13.5s we were sitting with whenever anyone performed. Shun Yi, Esther, Jun, Yoong Hoong and Meredith did such a gorgeous job with the fan dance! And Carolyn's ribbon dance was so cool, and I love how everyone gasped when she did that split thing, accompanied by Eli's beautiful voice (even though she was sick :O).
The sketch was super funny, thanks to Shankar playing the Nian (spelling?) monster thing, and Shaun was, er, quite "convincing" as the village dude or whatever, HAHA, and I got the shock of my life when we were all eating dinner then suddenly someone's yelling from the stage and this fat dude with a moustache until his knees showed up, GIVING OUT ANG PAUS! Woohoo! Of course inside the angpaus were just sweets, but hordes of KY students still stampeded to the stage with grabby hands. Kiasu college, indeed. :p
One of the main highlights was Jayson's PHYSICS-LAW-DEFYING performance with his Chinese yoyos, and we couldn't help but give him a standing ovation because Chinese yoyos are motherchucking cool! After the event wrapped up with a few old school Gong Xi Fa Cai songs (where everyone from the audience sang along), the lights came back on and it's officially CLEAN-UP TIME. Everyone pitched in to help clear the chairs, the tables, the plates and cups, so on and so forth so the process was really short. My hands got a bit chafed from carrying so many tables, but hey it was an entertaining night and I ate a LOT of longan so what the heck, right? x)
Um, then, at around 11.30 we had to swing back because Faara said that the Topaz senior girls were descending upon our apartments! :O At first we thought it was going to be a spotcheck or whatever, but it turns out that they just wanted to bond with us. So we were at, Room 16, I think, which is Faara & Fira's room, and we pushed the table to the side and just sat on the carpet, all twenty or so of us. And the seniors brought brownies with them! Super YUM. And then they asked us questions, about how we're coping with college and stuff like that, and of course there was the necessary Who Do You Think Is Cute conversation, and they gave us excellent tips on how to survive in a secluded campus such as the one we're all living on. At about close to 1am, the guard came up and told us to return to our own rooms (boooo) and thus the bonding session ended. :(
What's really funny is there kept being people knocking on the door, asking for that person or this person or just randomly knocking, and then half-way through the bonding session the Garnet girls were handing out the flowers & brownies for Valentine's Day dedications. Thanks so much to the people who got me flowers and brownies! :) Meredith sent me a pink rose, Syahirah gave me a brownie, and I have another brownie plus two daisy bouquets who are anonymous. :o But I think it's from Faiza, or Shuba. I can't remember who told me they were going to give me flowers :S mmkay but nevermind. :)
So yeah. Shaza and Nadia crashed our room because they wanted to watch Black Swan, but I was way too tired so I just handed them my laptop and passed out on my bed. Next thing I know, it's 10am Tuesday! Everyone was so lazy to get up and shower, LOL. But anyway. Me thinks I better start doing my mountain of Pure Maths homework now. Thank God I finished my Applied. :)
I'll see you guys later, or maybe not. Really have to start studying intensively soon. :| THE SEMESTER EXAMS BE COMING IN A FEW MONTHS. Shit. Bye lovesss.
No comments:
Post a Comment