Form 2 Prefects' Dinner
Asfarina's year, held at KL Hilton. First time ever looking for an actual dress; scared stiff to perform. Memories of nerds in bright slinky red dresses & flashing cameras, feeling just a little glamorous, a little bit in awe of everything.
Form 3 Prefects' Dinner
Iryan's year, held at Eastin. Elected performance captain for that year. We may have failed, just a little, but I still remember that rehearsals were a TON of fun. I remember envying the seniors their gorgeous locks, luxurious dresses; but in the end, everyone cried and lots of hugs ensued. We're all just people, a family.
Form 4 Prefects' Dinner
Sonia's year, held at Sheraton. I may be a little bit biased, but this was it- this was THE dinner that everyone talked about for months. Main focus? It may have been the food (oh I do remember shouting at people over the menu during those long weeks of planning), or it may have been that huge-ass chandelier lighting up the ballroom. It may have been the sheer epic fail of our performance. Whatever it was, I know this dinner will always be close to my heart- it was ours.
Form 5 Prefects' Dinner
Benjamin's year, held at Tropicana. Who knows what new memories will be created tonight? The Form 4s keep telling us, don't expect too much. But we've been waiting three years for this, how can we not? The anticipation sits smugly in me, and despite the fact that I am deprived of sleep and food and relaxation, I'm impatient for the hour to arrive.
Last Monday, we retired. I know it's not a full retirement, and that we must guide our beloved juniors all the way until we finally step out of the school. But it was an emotional morning indeed- from the blasted rain who interrupted our ceremony, to the way all the prefects pulled together for a quick location change (in under 15 minutes!), to the Form Fives shooing the others away so that we could be together in "The Room" for one last time.
Some good things about retirement- we don't miss class anymore! And, oh my god, having twenty minutes for recess instead of ten is so blissful. Yes, it is a little weird to eat with the normal students after four years, having to actually fight for food and all that, but still- no more rushing off with the taste of burning sambal in your mouth because the bell's just about to ring and you can't be late for duty, no more getting scoldings from teachers when prefects miss out on certain homework that was given after they left.
Hm, besides that, everything remains the same. No morning duty so I have an extra fifteen minutes or so of study time, and I spend most of my recesses in the library doing homework anyway. All in all? Thirty-five minutes that make a huge difference, haha, I haven't had to come home with homework in ages. :)
Anyway, life has been pretty calm lately. Glo & Ash have been quite hectic with IU Day preparations and every period some new group of juniors will come to ask for their tickets. I feel nervous. This will be my first (and last) IU Day as a Director, so.. yeah. I'm just afraid something will go wrong. :(
On Tuesday, I sat for the UNSW English examination. All the parents remembered that I was the only student who got High Distinction last time, so the pressure was heavy on my shoulders throughout the entire exam. ;_; Thing is, I didn't even know the exam was that day until an hour before! Damn pissing off la kay.
Raid Cross- or as we're supposed to call it now, International Humanitarian Law- preparations are in full swing. Tomorrow's the big day, and Shiva is going crazy. I hope that goes well too.
This Sunday, a few of the Interactors are going to prepare something special for IU Day. :) It's very meaningful, and we hope that this project will help enhance the experience of the people who will be attending on the 31st. ♥
IU Day will be my last "social" event. Every Sunday starting from the 1st of August all the way until mid-September, I've got a seminar lined up for different subjects. Looking forward to it, and I'm not even being sarcastic! Hehe. :)
Truthfully, things have been faring well in the academic side. I've gotten on quite a bit in my History syllabus by myself, and the only subject I can really think of being worried about is Agama. :( Haih. Must start gearing myself up for the sleepless nights.
Alright then. It's almost three, and I mean to watch the latest Naruto episode before I leave for the place where I'm going to dress up and do my tudung and all that. :) Not sure whether I'll be able to blog later on about tonight, but for updates you can always watch my Twitter~! :D
Oh and I still haven't finished some of my IHL duties. :O Crap crap crap
No comments:
Post a Comment