But, there's always a silver lining - it's a good thing that rejection came early, I was foolish not to remember Napoleon's quote:
"Ability is nothing without opportunity"
It doesn't matter how talented you are, if you don't make your own chances, you're gonna be left behind. Take a look around you. In your workplace for example, there will be at least one completely useless schmuck who is inevitably your superior.
How did that fool end up to be your boss?
Maybe he was given the opportunity.
Maybe he was simply at the right place at the right time.
Maybe he impressed the right people.
Maybe he slept his way to the top.
Maybe he married the PM's daughter. (like KJ)
It doesn't matter.
What matters is that your competence can only take you so far. Opportunity is needed to carry you the rest of the way. Don't sit idly and think Opportunity will come your way... it may just pass you by. I should know; that was my approach so far, and it's not working out as well as I had hoped. From now onwards, I'll be making my own luck!
No worries Opportunity.
You just stay put.
I'm gunnin' for you...
No comments:
Post a Comment