Friday, January 29, 2010

Click title for full (greedy) post.

I wrote a long post which was a letter of sorts to... people. Two people, actually. Or one. I'm not sure. It was all very confusing. But never you mind, I remembered what happened last time I let my true thoughts show and I figured it doesn't pay. Weakness is weakness, no matter how you look at it, and I've been trained better than to show it on my face (or in this case, in my blog). I won't break.

I don't need a break- I need four extra hands and 26 hours a day. Impossible, so I've got to live with what I got. Nobody ever said changing for the better was going to be easy, right? I won't expect everything to come to my fingertips in a snap.

[ Selfish Greedy Rant Will Start Here ]
I want:
.........

[ 2010 ]
1. 10A+s for SPM.
- I will not allow one day to go to waste. Every day will be spent revising at least one chapter. I can do it, I know I can. 90-10 rule, apply.
2. Lots of recommendation letters.
- Merits will be merits, but these are what's important. Aiming for the most crucial one of all. Jaga karma.
3. A little fun. Just a little.
- My naggy husband :p, Hippo musings, Ed Board loveliness (spreading my metaphorical graphic wings and being mentor to the newbies), the Prefect Family whackos (ill-treatment will be forgotten, I will still cry when I leave), my own little clan of happy (watching my nephews and nieces grow up), expanding my fandom world and making new friends across the Earth- small bricks of  enjoyment that will just carry me through the year.
4. Master L3 Japanese, and basic Arabic grammar.
- I'll be taking tajwid/Arabic/tafsir classes after Sports.

[ 2011 ]
(starts getting ambitious here)
4. Getting into KYUEM.
- Won't be applying for government scholarship because... scholarships are for people who need them. You may debate with me upon this point, but there's no changing my mind. I won't end some poor student in some impoverished kampung's future just to make my job resume a little nicer.
5. Focusing on my A-Levels.
- No, I have not decided what subjects to take yet. Right now it looks like Accounting and Economics are fixed, but I'm still on a fence about the third subject. (History or Mathematics?)
6. Becoming active in co-curriculum, including getting House captain.
- I told you I started to become ambitious here.
7. Continuing my Japanese, so that in December I will take my Level 2.
- Because I won't be taking my L3 this year.
8. Strengthen my Arabic.
- Because in all of my ambitions, I don't want to lose touch with God.
9. Start up my French.
- You will see why later...

[ Things start getting a little sketchy here. ]
[ 2012 ]
1. Get out of KYUEM within 18 months- with straight A's for my A-Levels.
- This will be in June.
2. Apply for London School of Economics.
- Pray real hard.
3. Get in.
- BSc Economics. (Minoring in Government, haven't decided yet. Will cross that bridge when I get there...)

[ 2015 ]
1. Get out. First class is a little far-fetched, but we'll see.
- Summer graduation, if I get Autumn intake in 2012.
- Will be fulfilling Ayah's expectation of me to graduate by the time I'm 22.
2. Take a motherfreaking break. Preferably this one:
- Apply for JET Program, which is a one-year trip to Japan. More info here.
- Three positions are available: English teacher (where we'll be placed in government or private schools, or hired by Japanese billionaires who want their kids to speak good English), Sports director, or Coordinator of International Relations.
- Apply for any. Preferably, CIR because it will tie in with my BSc in Econs and will provide suitable exposure in terms of working environment.
* You make REALLY GOOD MONEY.
* Employers take care of accommodation.
* Travel expenses and food will be covered by aforementioned REALLY GOOD MONEY.
* If your employer likes you, you get to stay for a maximum of three years.

[ indefinite ]
1. Come back to Malaysia and reality, get a job in Bank Negara as an .. anything. Just get a job.
2. Work my way up 'the ladder'.
3. Get married? o_o

[ indefinite ] [ super vague ] [ my ultimate dream future ]
1. Become Governor of BN. I have been dreaming of this ever since I found out the current Governor is a woman.
[or]
2. Once suitable experience is gained, work for the government sector and become a representative of Malaysia in the United Nations.
3. (this is not a job, but just somewhere I'd like to be) Attend the World Economic Forum.

...............
I think... I'm going to go study some Add Maths now... lol...
It's raining and the white of the screen is making my eyes hurt.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment