Wednesday, January 20, 2010

love today, any way you want to

Happiness fills my lungs faster than oxygen on drugs; some strange, tangible thing that saturates me with love, love that overwhelms, not just for him or her or them or us but for Him and me and you and mankind and that annoying dog who barks all the freaken time.

It refreshes me, after three weeks of "Oh my GOD Alia I didn't recognize you!" "Omg Alia, is that YOU? You look ..different" "Wowww Alia dah insaf ke?" and other such pointless reactions, someone literally jumped at the sight of me, beamed and said

"You look beautiful."

I pray, and it feels good, and I wonder what took me so long to get around to it. For the first time in months, I touched my rather dusty al-Quran and read, and there is calmness and peace and, once again, love. Love for my family with all their eccentricities, love for the way I look, love for the way he loves me, love for 1Malaysia and best friends and after-school giggle sessions with Mel and Lin at the surau. Little things, big things, things that before faded into the background as a part of a routine- life, life, life, life is beautiful.

I sound like a Hallmark ad, or a greeting card, or a self-help book but heeeyy I'm happy.

School is a rhythm; chaotic but endearing. All the idiocies that make class life what it is, the drama kings and queens that provide a little entertainment in our otherwise monotonous existences, Form Ones bending over backwards to impress the seniors (us!), the seniors looking calm and composed when all they wanna do is scream because this pressure is unbearable, the heat making everybody all kinds of cranky, assembly in all its' formal glory, early recess, PJK, the grumbling mass of students as they reluctantly button up their collars and pull up their ties.

And I do believe I will even miss this thing called homework......

Titian Murni is scheduled for the 12th of November. How bittersweet. It's like the whole school will be coming together to celebrate our last anniversary as secondary school students. Don't tell anyone, but I feel like marching onto the stage and shouting into the microphone- "HAH. WOULDJA LOOK AT THAT? WE'RE STILL TOGETHER. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA- NOW SUCK ON THAT."

Hey, I'm sixteen. Anything can happen,
and if it all goes wrong we'll blame it on youth and spirit.
:]

No comments:

Post a Comment