Haters to the left ; Imma be here and enjoy my youth the way I want it to.
"Fun" is a very subjective thing, you know. To me, reading a really good book until I fall asleep is fun. Or learning about history, watching Discovery channel & CNN for hours to find out what mankind's been up to while I was away. Call me a nerd, geek, a Rachel (Glee ftw)- this is MY kind of fun. Nobody's asking you to join me if you're not interested. :/
To you, fun may mean lepaking at a shopping mall. It may mean dressing up in pretty clothes and taking pictures of yourself. That's fun too (I know, I've been there >_>)- just not my kind of fun now, specifically. To another girl, fun could be a long walk in the rain. It could be cutting herself. It could be knitting. It could be stalking Tokyo expatriates. It could be stalking senior boys. (That looks fun, at least.)
It could be anything.
So, the point is this- I don't need you tell me what "fun" is. Trust me, it is a teenager's instinct to have fun. But who the hell said every teenager has to have the same kind of fun? Why does fun have to be defined as something "wild" or dangerous? Why can't fun be baking cupcakes or watching Japanese TV shows? If I'm enjoying myself doing it, it's not causing me any fuss or issues, then isn't it fun? :S
IDK lah. I'm just sick of people telling me "Omg Alia go out and do something fun la!!" I am having fun. :) In all my bitches and moans&groans about all the things I have to do-- it's fun.
Editorial work is fun- looking for new concepts and researching yearbooks across the globe, making new friends along the way. Prefect work is fun; you see us when we're grumpy in the morning because you can't make the damn effort to pull your tie up, what you don't see is when we play with the rolling chairs in the room wearing sunglasses and singing Westlife. We're people, and we're having fun- just because we're a little bit more responsible than you, doesn't mean we're all squares who sit around and think about deep questions all the time.
So, yeah. Life can be fun even when you're not wearing a short skirt; even when you don't have a boyfriend; even if you're twelve; even if you don't have boobs (yet); even if everyone's prettier or smarter than you. You make your own fun. :D Not other people.
(Y) And this has been a community service message from Alia Astaman (Y)
No comments:
Post a Comment