Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bawang Putih

She was called Alia, right?

So today was Rumah Sayangan day. The kids were pretty sweet, and the gifts were pretty awesome, and Sanjeev made a positively wicked Santa. :) Plus, free pizza is always a nice touch.

Befriended a twelve-year-old girl who was utterly fascinated with me because I was Malay, and who then proceeded to ask who else were Malays, and then gave the (somewhat irrelevant) comment that Nadhil looks like that Indonesian actor from some soap called Bintang something.

She asked me my name, and I answered readily, and her eyes lit up, lol, lol, lol. So that show Bawang Putih Bawang Merah's heroine was called Alia. Somehow.... it counted for something. And she was sort of attached to me because of it. xD

Another one was attached to me because she thought I was from Japan (I said I could speak Japanese). Although, even after I rectified the communication error, she was still clinging onto my arm for the dancing games and asking me about different words.

Such darlings. <3

Speaking of,
The Boy is still in Penang today.

Tonight is Carrie's wedding~! I do hope she likes her present. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment