Try being an alcoholic- okay, not that bad. Try being someone who's addicted to something completely bizarre. It's weird but you cherish its' weirdness, it's gay but you start thinking it's kind of cute, and it's so sparkly your eyes kind of hurt. Nobody gets it but you.
Now try putting yourself in a country where everyone gets it. Everyone loves what you love (or at least, you're a part of the majority instead of receiving stares of people who don't even know), and you just.. fit. Where nobody thinks being disciplined is wrong, it's not lame to sort rubbish and actively recycle, and nobody stares at you when you say good morning happily to strangers on a train.
Now, five short days later, take yourself out of that country.
It's pure misery- and then you feel the guilt bashing you to bits, because, seriously, who cries softly in the hotel room because she doesn't want to board that flight back to her home country?
Home is a subjective term anyway. Don't they always say home is where the heart lies? If that's so, then...
... Anyway. People have to leave to come back, right? It's the law of life. And when I do return, I'll feel the joy of saying Tadaima after being separated from Japan's beauty all too soon.
I guess all I have to sustain myself now, are the beautiful memories... and the 15k yen of stuff I bought to remember Japan by. (Teehee.)
Tokyo-san e,
Matte yo.
Sugu kaerimasu kara.
Kimi no tame ni, gambatte ikimasu.
Dear Tokyo,
Please wait.
Because I'll be coming back soon.
For your sake,
I'll keep moving on.
No comments:
Post a Comment