Sunday, December 13, 2009

San-kyuu, here I come!

So I had a nice long sasshiburi (Long Time No See) chat with sensei this morning, and she kept laughing and clapping her hands with glee because I've finally gotten the "ne"s and "yo"s JUST how she does it, and my reading's become like 50% smoother, and I think even my hand-writing improved by like MILES from being completely surrounded by kanji for five whole days. I told her I didn't really want to to come back to Malaysia, and there was this look that flashed across her face, like, Omg, yes, I feel it too. How she even finds the strength to work here after living, LIVING in Japan, I'll never know.

And then, after a few brief sentences of Yon-kyuu, she pushes the San-kyuu papers at me and I'm like "ALREADY? T_T" and she just gives her Wise Sensei smile and plods on with the program.

Got kidnapped by my own parents to attend two weddings, one in Ulu Langat and one in Ampang. I would just like to say this: There's nothing better than crazy relatives, except CRAZY RELATIVES SPEAKING MINANG. Best. :Dv

So, here's a word, serendipity. It means, good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries. (Yes, straight from Google.) Now, most people connect this word with serious life-altering tales that seek to inspire the world and stuff, but, hah, my family had a moment of serendipity in quite a different context.

See, all through Bulan Ramadhan, me and my third brother have been looking for apam balik. Not the thick fluffy kind that takes forever to chew through, but the crispy ones that sort of melt in your mouth. And WE COULDN'T FIND ANY OF THEM ANYWHERE. IT WAS LIKE A FREAKING CONSPIRACY. Kitorang punya lah mencari sampai ke Kelana Jaya punya pasar, tp malangnya (cheh) langsung x jumpa, everyone seemed to be making only the fluffy apam balik.

And so we faced Hari Raya Aidilfitri with mixed emotions of the usual joy and bitter disappointment at having failed our quest.

So today, both of us totally wanted to bail out on the weddings. Lots of excuses were given and long debates were had, but my dad.. remained my dad, and we still had to come anyway. -_-'

AND THEN. LO AND BEHOLD, ON OUR WAY FROM OUR FIRST WEDDING TO THE SECOND ONE, WHAT DO WE FIND AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, BEING SOLD AT DIRT-CHEAP PRICES?

Apam balik. The crispy kind.

Hikmahhhhh! :DDD
Never going to bail on kampung weddings again, EVER.


Just a LEETLE bit high lah. Just a leetle. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment