<--- HUR HUR HUR
I woke up this morning with an actual stomach ache, so I moaned and texted baby until.. eight-ish, where I finally dragged myself out of bed and started banging on the piano begrudgingly. Managed to confuse my third brother, who came out of his room and asked me if it was Sunday. I kinda made him late for work. Sorry bro. Speaking of men around the house, my father left for Taiwan a few hours ago. Big fancy convention. Again. ( :| <-- This is me trying not look dissatisfied.)
Anyhow. On with the actual piano exam. There was some mix-up of the time, which caused me to swear bloody murder at all moving objects on the highway, but by the end of it all I was about 35 seconds away from being late. It's funny, because as soon as I stepped into the waiting room I went to the table, wrote down the names of my pieces and was immediately ushered into the examination room. Without any preparation. Why was that funny, you ask?
Well. It's funny, because... you know. All the way from Grade 1 to 7, I've
a) never been late.
b) never had a female examiner.
Now, for my (presumably) last practical exam, God destined me to go through both experiences above. :/ There is an unspoken (or quietly spoken, lol) rule amongst we piano people that male examiners are inevitably nicer than the female examiners. Now that I've reached a somewhat less naive age however, I realize that this rule was brought about by the fact that female examiners are exactly the same as male examiners save for one thing: they are susceptible to PMS.
So I freaked. And made a total amount of 4 mistakes for my scales. I had to keep wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans, the pages wouldn't turn properly, and the pedal was FREAKY. My first piece, which was the Scarlatti, was a tad jittery and I screwed the tempo up a little bit, but other than it was alright. I started breathing normally again, and began the Mozart with much more confidence.
She could definitely tell the Mozart was my favorite piece, hehe; even complimented me on my speed, because she said she was "sick of hearing this piece being played slow". Since all the other candidates, apparently, compromised the tempo of the entire piece for the sake of not having to play the semiquaver sequences at the actual speed. I liked the semiquaver sequences best. :) (Though when she told me this, I was only like "DAMN WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT.")
The Andaluza (yes, it IS a Spanish dance) went by with.. no hitches. No hitches. Seriously. I was so happy I almost forgot that the exam wasn't over yet. ;p Viva voce was NOT as awesome as I'd hoped it would be, because I forgot all the names of Mozart's operas. :( Sight reading was good, she gave me a simple one. Oral questions were.. well, I've always sucked at it so I have no idea how that went. HAHA.
Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I'll ..do okay. /beam
p/s I went stationery shopping today. FEEL MY SPARKLY COLOR PEN VIBE

No comments:
Post a Comment