Sunday, April 18, 2010

peace, love, unity and having fun!

Because ICSA's Autism Walk 2010 is worth a post of its' own.

Woke up 15 minutes off-schedule, and life was a pain for a bit, but thank the lord traffic was smooth sailing all the way so we reached Sri Aman in no time. The first thing my mom says: "Alia they're all wearing the t-shirts already quick get out of the car!" And I'm panicking, right, because I couldn't for the life of me remember the first thing about the layout of Sri Aman. Couldn't even find the damn gate in the sea of purple people. And then, had a BRAINSTORM- plan of action: call Megan!

USELESS WOMAN. NEVER PICK UP THE PHONE.
/gets bashed for being Hypocrite of The Year

Anyway, calling Lydia was a much more successful operation and I managed to infiltrate (chey) the school, GROUP-HUG TOGETHA, molest COW, and change into the signature Autism Walk 2010 t-shirt by the time eight thirty rolled around. Spent the next half hour watching Pop Royalty rehearse while listening to the strains of Min playing random guitar. Bitched with Lydz and 'reconnected' (harhar) with Trish.

Then the walk started! Hovered at the gate with Lydzybb for far too long because we were both on a fence as to whether we wanted to actually GO for the walk or not, but I was like "Ah what the hell we're already here." Then, five minutes into the walk, we bumped into Millie... with Iryan. Who happened to be holding a tin of 100 Plus so HELLO WALKING BUDDIES. 8)

The morning sun was a way uncooperative bitch to have right above our sorry heads, but with much genial laughter and bitchings and catching up of lives we survived. We were one of the last few groups to walk through the gate, but who the heck cares. :3 Somehow drifted apart from Millie and Iryan at the Milo truck, so Lydzy and I ended up having a date (YES. DATE. DO NOT CHALLENGE ME.) together at one of the many, many, MANY tables that adorn the grounds of Sri Aman. /jeluz

Once we were done with our brownies, Coke, popcorn and other sugar-loaded food items, the two of us moved our then lethargic asses into the hall, where performances were about to start. Screamed myself hoarse for everybody, and the funniest part was when the crowd sang along and Lydz was in front with the rest of the paparazzi so I was left alone, waving my red balloon like a mad person and people didn't laugh at me, but just waved their balloons too. <3

The girl named Kai sings beautifully. :3 Megan, you're allowed to tell her I said that, haha. Then there was Mae, darling Mae, of course she was her usual talented self; I couldn't even believe it when Megs later said that she actually came down with a sore throat just before. Poor dear, hope you get better soon. :(

YOU KNOW WHO I DIDN'T SEE?
I DID NOT SEE KAMELIA NISHA OR LATIFAH AZLAN. /sadface

Then, um, there were other singing performances and a dance group who did Abracadabra and then, POP ROYALTY, OMG. This was presumably the part I had to stand up to scream and people did start staring, but I don't give a rat's ass because HELLO MY WIFE IS UP THERE ON STAGE. Shaking her booty. Daym ;). Okay I sound like a twelve-year-old but seriously I've never flailed over a 'student' performance so much. :/ Pop Royalty = win.

Everything kinda got epically owned by Floor Fever though. They were the professional dance group, and I even made my parents wait for a couple of minutes while they were on because I was transfixed, I tell you, utterly transfixed. I couldn't even move my eyes away from the stage, let alone my whole body away from the hall. xD

But leave I did, for the sake of the whole SPM-good-grades-straight-A's shebang. I hate how everything I do, every single decision I make in the course of my life right now-- is directly or indirectly related to SPM. Even Arashi-related thoughts (which are few and far in-between, rest assured) always end up in the same pathway- do SPM, go to Tokyo for New Year. Hmph.

So, hm, yes. I had my Bio tuition, came home to rest for fifteen minutes before my piano teacher popped up for a good hour and a half of 'extra practice'. AND AFTER THAT... I took a much-needed nap. ;)

Part II of ULTIMATE DRAINING WEEKEND will be posted in roughly 30 minutes or so. After I practice my pieces for a bit. Grade 8 exam in eighteen hours, God help me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment