Sunday, June 6, 2010

Kak Sara.

Somebody still knows kak sara.
I'm so glad her love of art, her passion for beauty is still appreciated even after passing.
I miss her, even though I barely knew her.
And every time I think about it, I regret not reaching out to her sooner.
If I had urged her on,
Would she have kept fighting?
If I had given her something to believe in,
Would she have been stronger for a longer period of time?
If I had given her the family she should have had,
Would she have been less lonely in her life?
These questions confuse me.
I pray for her after-life. Always.
I may not have been able to help her when she was alive, but now...
Kak Sara, we miss you.

p/s: Browsing through her blog makes me cry again. She was nineteen and so vibrant and full of life & love- and yet, God took her away from us. I cannot incriminate God for His decisions, but I trust that my prayers for her are heard.

Let this be a reminder to all smokers once again, although it has been two years. Kak Sara was not a smoker- not even close. But someone close to her was, and her lung cancer in the end was caused by second-hand smoke. She was nineteen. That's two years older than me. She took photographs that were selected by National Geographic. She would have made such an excellent architect. She would have gotten married, had kids, lived long. But she didn't. The consequences of your actions do not encompass your health alone. So please stop smoking. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment