Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tired, bruised, partially deaf and fucking happy.

I need to write this down before I forget.

Tuition from 2-4pm, then arrived at KL Live at about 4.30. Already packed with what looks like three hundred people (must've been six hundred because there was a line from the other side). Stoned by myself until Na & Amy came back from KFC, which was across the road. Amused ourselves for two hours or so before meeting up with Hani and Hana, the Form 4 twins WHO HAD VIP PASSES AND DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHO BEAST WAS. Lucky biatches! At one point, I demanded May-May's number and met up with her and Yana. Dayang Syahirah and her relatives joined our group too. Loads of photographers came out from the top and took photos for us; tons more TV channels were there (some local, some Korean) and they asked us to shout this la, shout that la for the camera. Of course, we were ever so willing (perhaps a tad more willing if they were Korean, haha).

People started getting restless at about 6.30. The gates only opened at about 7:25, but even then they let in the shorter line which was RIDICULOUS because all the B2UTYs were on our side. B2UTYs who've been waiting since 11 in the fucking morning. Let it be assured that there were loads of booing and shouting of "Refund!"s and omg shitloads of drama because people started fainting from the heat and the crowd left right & center.

Including me.
Yes. I fainted. Before the fucking showcase even started.

First it was just a nagging feeling that I had to get out from this pushing, endless, cramped-up crowd. Then for some reason that is totally unknown to me, I started crying. I couldn't breathe. People were just pushing up against me from every direction. I knew Nana was right in front of me, but I just felt so scared I'd fall and people would step all over me. I cried, and cried, and everyone (even people I didn't even know!) started shouting at the security people to give me some help.

Finally, with the help of a LOT of the crowd (thanks so much guys! I really wish I'd been conscious to see who you were so I could give you guys hugs or something), I was hauled out of the crowd and into the arms of some security guy, who RAN up the stairs to give me some water. Well, that's what people tell me happened. I was vaguely aware of people shouting and clapping, and then I thought I was being kidnapped, haha.

Nana went all sentimental batshit on me after they finally got through the entrance. But anyway. We entered the showcase room and, hmm, even if it sounds like it couldn't get more exciting, it DID. It was crazy in there! House lights were off, but there were all these flashing colored spotlights and people brought their own colorful lightsticks and there were so many girls wearing costumes! Like Yoseob's signature big pink bow, and the angel halo, and devil horns!

At first Nana & Amy were determined to protect me from any more pushing, but in the end when B2ST finally showed themselves on the stage (after AGES of music videos on the bigscreen) we all got separated and I enjoyed the larger part of the showcase alone. Well, surrounded by throngs of screaming girls but kind of alone. If you get what I mean, haha. I think there was this Malay couple who stood by me most of the time, and it was so funny because it was like watching my first brother and his wife go to a Kpop concert.

HILARIOUS, I TELL YOU. Everyone kept shouting random things and omg, the signs that people made! So awesome! I stayed away from the front where all the fucking kiasu pushers were, but I still had quite a clear view la.

First Impression:
The boys are flawless. :|
I know it's all hairspray, and make-up, heavy eyeliner and preconceived notions.
But... fuck it man, they looked like Barbie dolls up there. Male, Korean Barbie dolls.
It was actually kind of disconcerting after I got over the starstruck effect.

I guess maybe that was why my eyes were on Yoseob most of the time, since he looked the most.. natural? Haha. There were no mistakes in their choreography, no slip-ups, no technical errors or costume malfunctions. In fact, that was pretty much the only smooth part of the whole shebang: B2ST themselves.

I got SO annoyed with the people who wouldn't stop screaming even when the host was asking B2ST questions. >:( I mean, I paid RM120 to hear THEM talk, not you. Sheesh. Anyway, the questions were pretty normal protocol stuff, and they didn't say much in anything apart from their native language. Dong Woon tried his tongue at English a few times, but they were mostly stuff like "Thank you!" and "We love Malaysia!".

They did say "Terima kasih!" at the end of it. Hehe.

I didn't get picked for any of the games, but I did recognize one of the girls who went up on stage! Lucky girl! I didn't envy them for having to dance & sing to Shock in front of 2000 people though, HAHA, but still, the winner got to take a picture with them and all so it was.. all good? Haha. Got the shock of my life when they announced the winner of the lucky draw would get to go up on stage and be with the boys as they fucking serenaded her. With Oasis. Of all songs, Oasis! LOL. The girl who got picked look so damn awe-struck, she couldn't even do anything except sit on the bench and grin from ear to ear. Heh.

Then, after all the shouting and screaming was over... only two words were spoken to restart the fiasco: AUTOGRAPH SESSION.

Omg. I got stomped, elbowed, scratched, pushed, pulled, shoved, cursed at in three different languages... banyak la sacrifice I buat demi nak sampai to the queue. It was so fucking hot where I was standing, and I didn't even realize that at other parts of the room there was air-conditioning. Seriously. My sweat was making my t-shirt stick and everyone's (originally nicely arranged) hair was just coming to shambles, I just started laughing deliriously one time at the sheer fucking MADNESS of it all.

Finally, after much.. squashing :S, I was at last pushed through the tiny opening which enabled me to head up onstage.

Where I totally became just ...tongue-tied. Seriously. All those Korean phrases, just.. gone. It was just me, staring at Doojoon and smiling shyly and saying "Thank you" in Korean like a GAJILLION times, and then I had to pass my CD for it to be signed along the table, and I said "Thank you" ANOTHER gajillion times for all the other members,

and then I was laughing at Nana because she was just SQUEALING "Omg Doojoon oppa! Dongwoon oppa! Junhyung oppa!" and then I was staaaaring at Hyunseung's hairband because it was so sparkly, LOL, and then I was laughing and being high and meek at the same time when I noticed Yoseob was looking at me, and then we both chuckled, and I let out this.. squeak which had to be the HIGHEST note that has ever come out of my mouth before.

And then I collected my CD, autographed by all six of them. Ran around in circles despite the blisters on my feet and the many bruises on my body and the fact that I had not eaten or drank anything for seven hours.

By that time my second brother had popped up out of nowhere, and he took us to the closest open restaurant which was at Pavilion, absolutely crawling with people watching football. We had a really, really late supper (where we ate like.. ish tak yah cakap la hahahah) at Dome, where we couldn't stop laughing over everything and thus, by the time I dropped my cousins off at their place (tak jadi sleepover because.. ada la hahahah), and came home, and wished my mum good night, it's 1:30.

Fucking hell, man.
This is life.

p/s B2ST is the 2nd band to ever get its' own label on my blog k? :p

No comments:

Post a Comment