Ugh, nostalgia attack. I used to watch this video every other night during my first few months of Narutardom. I wonder what happened to all the friends I made on all those forums, after the 'heat' (cheh) of my 'passion' (cheh) cooled down. I kind of miss that satirical world of eons-long repartee threads, where all of us treat Kishimoto-sensei with a sympathetic affection (the nicknames, oh the nicknames!), the kind of affection you would bestow upon your eccentric grandfather.
The thing about Naruto is, it's far from perfect. Its' art style is very basic and unpolished, with a rough sketch-like quality, and even the color spreads are mediocre at best. The characters are nothing atypical, just standard manga personalities. Hell, even the plot is draggy, the storyline unoriginal, the twists illogical.
But yet- it is so god-damn addictive. It keeps you watching, reading, stalking, whatever it takes to know what happens next. Deaths are mourned, new characters are eyed suspiciously, and always, ALWAYS, people want to have the satisfaction of knowing whether Sasuke will ever return to the good guys.
I, for one, think that Grandpaw Kishi (HAHAHAH one of my faves from my old forum days :'D) is a sentimental sap and will go for the generic G-rated happy ending. That is, Sasuke becomes good again and becomes ANBU advisor to Naruto, who of course will become the Hokage. Why? Because he's the freaking main character, that's why.
Besides, Japanese people are very idealistic. An endearing quality most of the time...
Real point of this post:
TEAM SAUCE FOREVER.
[edit]
It's taking forever to find a picture of Sasuke that is sufficiently bad-ass. :/ Why can't I remember any of my old dA artists? Bad fan Alia, bad fan.
[edit]
Found one! Northern Banshee's art gallery.
The Uchiha brothers- Sasuke (left) & Itachi (right).
[edit]
Wow, when I reminisce, I really reminisce. Just looked for the first five openings of Naruto-
[1:16 breaks breaks breaks my heart.]
& then I compared it with one of the more recent openings.
So screwed up la. :'( Oh well. It's been going for ten years, I hope Kishi wraps up before I get married or something HAHA.

No comments:
Post a Comment