Then it gradually phased out into ULTRA boredom, because my mom dumped me at A Cut Above to straighten and cut my hair, because, seriously, the exams were killing my roots. Three and a half hours sitting on that chair under that air-conditioner was no joke, I tell you. At least three people occupied the seat next to mine- a Chinese guy, a bride and this tall white dude. Luckily, my regular stylist was available. Ever since Brandon Ann moved to Australia, over which I had to reluctantly accept Arthur, I've learnt to never form more than temporary friendships with hair stylists.
As I was walking out of the saloon, I saw myself in the mirror and actually said out loud- "I look fat". This led me to do nothing at home but wallow in self-pity in my hole of darkness (my closet) for a while. And when I say a while, I mean a few hours.
A MOMENT OF JOY BECAUSE MY WIFE IS A TRIPLE WINNER FOR SCHOOL OF X FINALS. BEST DRESSED, MOST POPULAR AND *BOOM* OVERALL CHAMPIONS.
It was so worth every single vote. :D Love you Megs.
A knock on the door, and suddenly I'm in my basement with dad and the driver, and we're watching Michael Jackson's This Is It on Bluray HD. Half-way through they left, so I was alone. So... I danced. :D Hardcore. To Beat It and Thriller and yes, it made me feel damn good. :3
After a bit it got tiring though, so I switched over to Astro and found two Glee episodes lined up back-to-back on Starworld. Cried all by my lonesome when Mercedes sang 'Beautiful', and was determined to be more self-empowered from now on. Who cares if I'm not beautiful on the outside anyway? :)
Sadly I never got to watch that second Glee ep, because my mom got a bout of cramps so I had to massage her feet. That was scary, and you know how quickly I tend to panic. D: But she seemed fine after I put on her Titiek Puspa playlist on the iMac. ._.
Discovered one of my favorite movies from my little-girl days playing on HBO, which was Under The Tuscan Sun, and it brought back some nice laughs and nostalgic feelings. Though why my family ever let me watch this movie when I was a little girl, I'll never know, it's so utterly obscene at parts. But of course, the iron grip of Malaysian censorship was one step ahead of everybody and just snipped off all the inappropriate bits.
Realized it was already 10 o'clock, and that I should probably eat something. So mama, big bro and I went downstairs for some Milo and toast (typical Astaman family Saturday night dinner, haha). Ended up having a mega long tazkirah because I've been slacking a bit in my solat, in which some of the things that were said really.. struck a nerve with me. I pray that I will one day have the same strength as my family does to reprimand my friends about their bad habits- smoking, drugs, clubbing, etc. Not that I generally mix with that kinda crowd, but, you know...
Friends change.
So yeah. One hell of a way to kickstart the holidays, if you ask me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment