Hm. First thing you need to know is, Project Hamburger Cupcakes was a success!
Blatantly stolen from @Qissay's twitter:
Vanilla cupcakes cut in half (longitudinally), with a chocolate "patty" layer in the middle. To hold it all together we used yellow icing for cheese, plus green icing for vegetables and red (well it looks pink, but ..long story) icing for ketchup. Mostly, Fatin & Nana did the baking stuff. I just insisted on providing everyone with all the spoons, forks, knives, whatever they needed, haha. Oh, and of course I put the 'cheese' spread. ;) We made jumbo muffin-esque cupcakes with the extra batter by mixing the vanilla and chocolate, SO YUMMY.
'Twas some heavy-duty Arashian fun. First time Nana came over with the gang, and soon after Qistina arrived and there was much gawking at Fatin's mulut laser. :P At one point I switched on the radio and put on Arashi songs on the stereo (nobody was home la k), and it felt like a party! Ahaha. Best part was the fact that we were all wearing the same Arashi t-shirt, woohoo.
After it all, there was an impromptu photoshoot with the fruits of our labor plus our matching t-shirts and Nino's uchiwa (by courtesy of my madu Syaza-chan!). ♥ Anyway, there was no time for anything but a quick glimpse of the basement (didn't even get to play 5x10 because my DVD player is anti-social, LOL) and my room- where everyone pilfered through my shop photos, but it's okay, I felt mollified by the cupcakes. :3 Plus, Nadia-chan looks so cute when she's in Ohno-hentai mode. xD
The day wasn't over yet though- my driver dropped Fatin, Syaza and Nadia at Sri Petaling after sending Qis home (she lives so close to me omgah! :D), and then we dropped by at Nana's place for Maghrib prayers before setting off to the airport.
Why the airport? Because Kak Aimi's home! Kak Aimi, for those not in the know, is Nana's elder sister who's currently pursuing Accountancy in RMIT. She's one of those smart Asians that all the white people are scared of, haha, wins awards and stuff. *poke* We missed her! Though we didn't miss her so much when we had to stand in front of the Arrival gate for a full hour because she had some issues with getting her guitar from luggage claim. :|
At the end, only got home close to midnight.
Next morning (which would be yesterday morning, haha), stoned about the whole first half of the day until we left for Bangsar Village to satisfy my brother's craving for Nando's. For some reason I thought there was no tuition, but there was, though it got cut down to forty-five minutes because we were having one of those random family dinners.
Place of destination was Bora Asmara (pls ignore the name -_-')! Totally chilled out, 90% outdoor Balinese-decor restaurant with loads of fountains, moats and other water features. It was quite relaxing dining under the stars
Now, for the interesting bit of my last few days:
after six f*cking years of serving me, my Photoshop tells me that my 30-day grace period is expired. First, I wailed and ran around my room like a headless chicken. Then, I got myself together and tried every trick in the book (and you really don't want to know how many tricks that is). Installing, reinstalling, updating, whatever I did- it still wouldn't open up.
So I tell my brother, right, and my problem seems to be solved temporarily- he's getting me CS5, he says. So I'm, like, excited, right? All happy-squealy and stuff. Until he tells me that there's no space left in my RAM for a program as gargantuan (no other adjective, fo' shiz) as CS5.
[insert headless-chicken-running scene again!]
So the outcome was:
I got a new laptop.
LASKDJ;FALKSDJF;ALKSDJF;AKDFJ;AKSLDJFJ
Sometimes, I cannot believe how dysfunctional my family is. ♥
And sometimes, I cannot believe how awesome having a dysfunctional family is. ♥
So, bright-eyed and skippish, my third brother, father and myself headed to Lowyatt this morning to pick out a new laptop. First stop was Dell because I originally had my heart set on getting the Studio 16 XPS, which is a laptop specifically designed for multimedia and graphics. ♥ But the salesman was a bit of an ass, and the i7 had to be ordered online. Only the i5 was available off-shelf.
No matter! Daddy dearest simply moves to the Sony Vaio shop, where not only the perfect laptop was resting smugly at the front counter of the store, but where we also met one of the most awesome salesmen ever. He even told us how to crack the system so that we could use non-legit software and stuff. ♥ Plus, this was i7 AND available off-shelf, so, like, we bought it. With Microsoft Office 2010 and one year's worth of Kaspersky. They even installed it for us for free! ♥ ♥ ♥
I planned to call it Batman, but then realized I already call my dad's black Merce Batmobile and I don't like idea reruns. Finally, I decided on Itachi, in honour of THE GREATEST NINJA THAT EVER LIVED, including Naruto, even if he is the freaking main character. ♥
So now, it's 2pm and I'm restlessly waiting for my dad to come home with the laptop, so I can set it up and see if the CS5 works and and and. ♥
Life. ♥ Life is good. Can you tell by the amount of hearts in this post? xD Whoops.
I love all of you!
School is in two days, but I am just surrounded in a happy bubble right now so I don't care. Besides, I think I gave the mid-terms my all so I'm not really scared of my results. Except for Biology, which was a bit of a bitch, but, AH, too happy to care about anything else.
HEART SPAM BECAUSE I LOVE ALL OF YOU!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
p/s: I am shipping DooSeop because Nana finally admitted to shipping NaruSasu. HAHA. Banana hair!

No comments:
Post a Comment