Monday, June 14, 2010

Because epic days deserve their own post.

I had the time of my life yesterday with ladies Megan Chng & Lydia Wong, and I love them and miss them already, but it's okay because the next Hippo Convention is a mere month away, which is Cheer '10, and of course I'll be wearing my D*Starz t-shirt and spraying my hair orange, all the things Sri Amanians do, HAHA, I can't quite believe this will be my fifth year supporting D*Starz. :')

There were cupcakes at Bijous for breakfast, where we nearly irritated the sleepy-eyed waitress to pieces because we couldn't make up our minds about which cupcake to order, and then because we were discussing friends and bitches and boys we were a few minutes late for our movie. Note to self: never expect seats for hot-selling movies at KLCC without pre-ordering. Karate Kid & A-team sold out, BOO, so we ended up watching a completely off-radar movie which was Nanny McPhee's sequel. HAHA, but whatever la right, we still laughed like cows in the cinema and squealed at the pigs' synchronized swimming and little white boys with golden hair and blue eyes. At the end of the movie, all of us basically sighed, "I need a Nanny McPhee." Which is true, we do. :|

Lunch was at Dome, where we spoonfed each other pasta and talked about hilarious icky stories from our respective camps- cheer camp for Megs, prefects' for Lydz, PRS for me. All the old ang moh couples staring at three Asian girls laughing hysterically because MEGAN DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO BITE A MARSHMALLOW. :p

Then, way after lunch and gossip, we finally came to the reason we always choose KLCC as our Hippo Convention Center- KINOKUNIYA! They were pressing me so hard to buy one of John Green's books, and I was uber tempted to snatch all the latest mags with Arashi covers-- but in the end I didn't buy anything due to lack of time and funds. :(

And of course I did have a five-minute seizure to the Tohoshinki shrine located in the middle of Kino's Japanese section. Seriously, all 'em Jap ladies were looking at me bowing and sobbing maniacally to a bookshelf, wailing "Cassiopeia fiightingggg~" AHAHA, sorry to my two lovely wives if you got majorly embarrassed. :p I will make it up to you, somehow.

After a messy quick farewell, I was stuck on the second floor of Mandarin Oriental with my third brother for at least forty minutes, seeing as my dear father was still busy with his Australian conference thing. Apparently, we now have three apartment units in Melbourne. :| I don't really know what we're going to do with them, since I AM NOT STUDYING IN MELBOURNE AYAH. :facepalm: But, well, I suppose my dad knows what he's doing.

Had time for a short power nap before rollin' out to Coca, One Utama for a once-in-a-blue-moon complete Astaman family dinner. Plus Abang Shazali, who is our half-Korean cousin. He's cool. 8) Um, it was a bit awkward at first because we had to find a suitable table combination that could accommodate all fifteen of us, but after everything was settled and the waiters stopped being so bloody slow it was ..nice. :|
*notice lack of enthusiasm

Meh. Came back home and watched five minutes of football before I called it a day.
Good stuff.

p/s Totally do regret not buying them pretty post-its. My bulletin board looks so bare. Blek.

No comments:

Post a Comment